- 1989: Engineering degree from Ecole Centrale de Paris
- 1990: M.S from Universite Pierre et Marie Curie
- 1993: Ph.D in Mathematical Morphology from Ecole des Mines de Paris. (manuscript)
- 2013: Habilitation in Image Processing from Universite Paris-Est (manuscript)
- 2018-present: Full Professor, CentraleSupélec, Universit´ Paris Saclay
- Teaching Optimisation, AI, BigData, Distributed Computing
- Member of the OPIS Inria team.
- Research in medical image computing, computer vision, image processing, machine learning including deep learning.
- 2004-2018: Professor (full in 2014), Université Paris-Est ESIEE
- Teaching Computer Science topics : languages, operating systems, algorithms, operational research, machine learning, image processing.
- Research in image processing, image analysis, medical imaging, materials science
- Optimisation, Machine learning
- 1994-2004: Research Scientist, CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences, Sydney, Australia
- Image processing
- Project management
- 1991-1992: Research Associate, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, USA.
- Advisor: Linn W. Hobbs
- Research on the materials properties of man-made vitreous fibers, on a Saint-Gobain Scholarship.
- 1990-1994: Engineer, Isover Saint-Gobain, France
- Development of image-based quality tests
- Microscopy, Control, Experiment Design
- 1989-1990: Junior Engineer, Gattegno Conseil, Sceaux, France
- Development of network adapters firmwares
- Development of testing methodologies
- 1988-1989: Assistant Engineer, Automatique et Avenir Informatique, Chatenay-Malabry, France
- Development of an image analysis softare package (while studying full time)
- Image processing, image analysis
- Mathematical morphology
- Optimisation, inverse problems
- Machine learning
- Medical imaging
- Materials science
Talk at Nantes, France, Nantes, France
Talk at Cairns, France, Cairns, Austrlia
Service and leadership
- 2017-now: Senior Area Editor, Signal Processing Letters
- 2000-2010: Area editor, Image Analysis and Stereology
- 2017: Workshop Chair, ICPR 2016, Cancun, Mexico
- 2015: Program Chair, ISMM 2015
- 2003: General Chair, DICTA 2003
- 2002: Program Chair, ISMM 2002
- 2004-present: reviewer for all 4 major Computer Vision conferences (CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ACCV)
- 1994-present: reviewer for most journals in image processing, computer vision, including IEEE TPAMI, IEEE TIP, MedIA, TMI, JMIV, SIAM Imaging, etc.